MoP, Management of Portfolios
Techniques for planning and implementing portfolios of change
MoP® (Management of Portfolios) is comprised of principles, techniques, and practices that will assist your organization in the successful adoption of portfolio management.
MoP is concerned with two issues:
- how to choose the optimal projects and programmes to suit your organization’s strategic objectives
- how to execute them to optimize value for customers and other stakeholders.
It focuses on the change delivered by project and programme management as a whole, rather than the work of individual initiatives.
MoP is closely aligned with PRINCE2 and MSP. It helps senior executives and decision-makers to understand how portfolio management can maximize return on investment, and start and sustain transformation.
- Deliver the best return from the total investment in change programmes and projects
- Used as a ‘how to’ guide for portfolio management
- Realize the full benefits in terms of efficiency savings and contribution to strategic objectives
- Provide the tools and techniques needed to identify and prioritize overall investment.
The Foundation certification will give you sufficient knowledge and understanding to work as an informed member of a Portfolio Office. The Foundation certification is a pre-requisite for the Practitioner certification.